- Walking along the sidewalk at Washington State University during one of my first years of college there, kicking through piles of gorgeous golden/orange/red/russet/brown fall leaves and looking up through more of that vivid color at a clear blue autumn sky.
- Learning to slalom waterski—at last—rising up behind my oldest brother’s speedboat on one ski and walking on water.
- Listening to my daughters sing (they have gorgeous voices).
- Going for a walk with my sweetheart, holding hands and striding out along the sidewalk walking in step with each other on a balmy evening or a crisp morning.
- And most recently, at Spokane Summer Parkways.
- Biking as Downtime and other Musings on Overproductivity
- Stuff I Didn't Do Today, or, I Know what Happiness Takes Like
- Overdoing: The Seven-Course Meal Approach to Life