Reruns: September Posts Worth Revisiting

For me, September is the start of the new year. Even after many, many years past those school days, something about leaves changing color and the slant of the light heading into autumn makes me want new notebooks and pens, makes me want to write down a list of things I need for starting a new venture. 

Going back in time to reread posts I wrote five or ten years ago, on the other hand, reminds me of the path I've walked that makes me who I am today. It's a walk down memory lane rather than a gearing up for new vistas, and a chance to reflect on what's changed and what remains. Although come to think of it, going back to school each fall was also a chance to think about what I remembered and what I'd forgotten from the previous school year. I'm much better at geometry now that I work in transportation than I ever was in high school.

As with my rerun list from August, some links take you elsewhere in this blog, some to my bike/transportation writing at Bike Style Life, and some to Washington Bikes since I did a fair amount of blogging as the executive director. September is such a beautiful time of year to ride so my fall posts tend to be bike-oriented. 

Rereading these reminds me that some truths are timeless, like the fact that biking to a place makes other people talk to you about their biking and why they didn't bike to this particular meeting in hopes of being granted absolution.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are like karma. The more you give, the more you receive. (Spam is like karma too.)

UA-58053553-1