In fact, if we design our transportation infrastructure to support those occasional riders who aren't the fast and the fearless, we will have a better and more complete bike transportation network than if we only meet the needs of the hardcore riders.
A system that signals safety and encouragement to the occasional "lifestyle" rider is a system that works for everyone from 8 to 88--no matter where, or how much, they shop.
- Evolution, not Revolution: All Biking Motives Welcome, Part I
- Getting What You Want a Different Way: Can We Create New Models?
- It’s All in the Attitude
- Becoming a Bike Commuter: It’s Pretty Easy, One Mile at a Time
- Trends in Books, Bikes, and Real People
- If You Really Love Your Neighbor, You'll Eat Local Food