A Tale of Two Drivers

Driver #1, you drove a metallic tan/gold sedan heading eastbound Wednesday, Feb. 2, at around 3:10 p.m. on 4th Avenue right in front of Lewis & Clark High School (a school zone, FYI).

I was on the bike approaching the stop light. That would be the bike with the lights on front, back, wheels, and helmet.

I had taken the lane in the right tire track position. I know you saw me because you crossed the center line when you swerved around me.

The light turned green when I was about ten or fifteen yards from the intersection. When you came out of nowhere to pass me and whip that right turn in front of me to go south up Stevens? We call that a right hook and it is often a deadly encounter for the person on the bike.

Don't do it again.

Driver #2, I couldn't see what you were driving. You were heading south up Southeast Boulevard at around 4:30 p.m.

At what I've come to recognize as a critical decision point in front of Mosaic Salon, you very politely hung back and let me continue uphill in the bike lane before making your right turn onto 14th. I waved my thank-you.

Keep up the good work. We need more drivers like you.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you Barb for helping folks understand and giving really superb lessons!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like karma. The more you give, the more you receive. (Spam is like karma too.)

UA-58053553-1