|What I wrote about in 2010 |
(click for larger image)
- The Spokane Blogs list. Not surprising this one has over twice the views of anything else on the site since I keep
pimping it outpromoting it via Twitter, Facebook, LaunchPadINW and the signature block in my personal account to find more blogs via crowd-sourcing. I started with 105; the list is up to 237 as of Jan. 1, 2011.
- Help Bike Shop Girl Ride Again. I'm really glad to see this one getting lots of page views as a gesture of support for a bike-riding woman I've never met who was hit by a driver and needs encouragement to get back on the street.
- How Bikes Can Save the World. A transcript of my 5-minute speed talk at Ignite Spokane in September that reveals some of the (ahem) less worthy reasons I ride.
Runners-up in the comment race:
- A tribute to my friend, Thank You for the Gift of Friendship: Goodbye, Christianne
- Women's Clothing for Biking that Doesn't Look Like It's for Biking: What to Wear, What to Wear (a fairly self-explanatory title, I'd say).
- At first I thought these were followed closely by a meditation on shopping and my mom's dementia, Don't Buy that Case of Stuff on Sale. I'm Serious. But in looking back at the actual comments I'm disappointed to notice that two of the comments on the latter are spam--not a problem I usually encounter and I'm off to delete those.
- With those deleted, Don't Buy that Case of Stuff ties with The SISO Method for Life Management, a related post on helping the tide of stuff in your life go out.
- Signs I Would Post Somewhere: Because who doesn't have a great idea for a slightly snarky sign that would improve our traffic interactions?
- Thanks for Asking: Unsolicited Advice on How to Live: Because I wrote a funny piece about dying and isn't that worth a shout-out?
- Getting What You Want a Different Way: Can We Create New Models? Since I embedded a video of early Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger used to look practically human!) that should have been worth something, and the questions about the nature of ownership might have provoked some comments but haven't yet.
- Yet Another 11 Little Secrets: Advice for living a good life can be a little ponderous (or boring) but I really like this post.
- Biking as Downtime and Other Musings on Overproductivity: Countering the Western/American tendency to rush-rush-rush and do-do-do.
Top traffic sources in order:
- LaunchPad (that blog list link)
- DeathbyCar (where I commented and posted a link to my "ownership" post linked above)
- My own blog (seems weird this is in the stats, but I do crosslink relevant posts)
- BikeShopGirl (related to that post that's in my top three views for the year)
- StumbleUpon (here are my favorites on StumbleUpon, which I don't remember to use very often)
- Get on a more consistent posting schedule, which will be tricky since I plan to launch a second blog sometime in mid-January
- Keep tweeting, Facebooking and using social media in general
- Remember to StumbleUpon other people's posts I like, since that does generate traffic for them
Did you comment on this blog sometime this year? What makes you think a post is worth commenting on or sharing with someone else?